Akarui Mirai Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xMomoK
Trainee
xMomoK

Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ Empty
PostSubject: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:46 pm

answer the desc questions please ^.^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KSOn63pn-I
Back to top Go down
Utamiko
Admin
Utamiko

PostSubject: Re: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Momo-chan~~~ ^_^ It's definitely going to the right direction I think~~ I can hear the real tone of your voice a lot clearer than the aishite aishite ato ippun (Which btw, I am sick of hearing now hahaa.) Even though you are using a lot less air here(maybe sometimes you're lacking it even), your notes sound a lot less airy~ XD

I know this is experimental and you took my advice of trying singing completely laid back~ So you prolly notice the lack of breath feeling on your voice XD Which is something to improve on if you do the full version Very Happy Having a good breath control will make your voice sounds a lot better Very Happy I think the sound of lack of breath in this one is to do with you using too much air on some notes then too little. Whatever sound (loud or soft) you're trying to make, there shouldn't be much difference in the amount of air you blow out. (imagine yourself playing a recorder, you would blow the same amount of air when you play all kinds of notes ^^)

One exercise I think you can try is a non singing one~ You can do while you're watching TV, walking around doing your hair etc XD:

Take a deep breath and make the "fuuuu" sound. Try to do it as long as possible and as sustained as possible. Listen hard to the sound you're making and try to make sure it's not bumpy (i.e. you don't suddenly go a bit louder or softer, make sure it's the same intensity, same volume).

It's actually A LOT harder to do than it sounds lol and you're bound to go a bit bump when you're about to run out of breath~ So give that a try, and when you can do that for a good 10s or so(The longer the merrier), try remember that feeling of the sustained air control and integrate it in your singing~ You'll find the tone of your voice will sound a lot more consistent (I hope) XD

The other thing is the high notes~ like the one at 1:11, Gaki-san's solo~ You pretty much hit it (well, slightly flat if I have to be very picky) But you can hear from the sound that you were kind of VERY conscious with it and a little "omg omg high note" feeling. Try to just go for it, treat it as the same as the notes before it. It might help you to reach it easier with a good sound if you think of the whole line being very high (not just that note), coz that makes you prepare for the middle voice -> head voice conversion, coz that note is in your head voice. Basically that note is not resonating as nicely because something in your body is tensed, most likely to be your throat coz it's a high note and it's natural to try to control and make it hit by tensing up your throat, which ironically doesn't help.

I hope this makes sense and helps you ^^;
Back to top Go down
https://akaruimirai.forumotion.co.uk
Utamiko
Admin
Utamiko

PostSubject: Re: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:10 pm

Ohhh one thing you can do to try get the right feeling for high notes is singing it upside down. Try singing that line while you're in a position as if you're trying to reach your toes with your fingers. Make sure your relax all your neck muscles in that position then try singing it. That way, you can't possibly tense up any muscles on your neck so you should fine that you are using your support muscles in your tummy to bring you up, which is the right way to do it~
Back to top Go down
xMomoK
Trainee
xMomoK

PostSubject: Re: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:12 pm

Thanks ^o^ you're a lot of help

but one line I didn't get: "head voice conversion, coz that note is in your head voice" ._.????
Back to top Go down
Utamiko
Admin
Utamiko

PostSubject: Re: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:27 pm

ahh~~ *switch to music theory teaching glasses* XD

In singing~~ When you try to sing some notes, your body will naturally try to produce the sound using different parts of your body. the 3 distinguished parts are chest, middle and top(also known as head)~

Try to sing something really low, something as low as you can get, you will probably feel a little vibration near your chest. The lower notes of your vocal register is sung in what is known as chest voice~

the middle part of your register would be sung in your middle voice, which, most of the time, you would sing from. It's the most comfortable part to sing in and it'll probably feel like it's around your throat.

Then try sing something really high, operatic style high. It will feel like the sound kind of comes from your head~ that's known as the head voice~

so when you go up and down your vocal range, the body will use different parts of your body to produce the voice, but when you're singing a song, it's often that you'll be singing notes in your middle voice then you have to sing a note with a bit of a leap to your head voice. But because you're singing in your middle voice, you will try to reach it with your middle voice, which obviously doesn't go there (often producing those cracked sounding notes)and hence you will start tensing your throat muscles. The conversion from middle to head voice is what i'm talking about there~

One of the reasons why that if you take singing lessons, you will sing a lot of scales (i.e. do re mi fa so la ti do kind of stuff) is to practice making a seamless conversion from the different parts of the voices~ XD Quite a difficult thing to grasp~ I still get told to sing up side down alot coz I phail at these XD

Hope this makes sense XD
Back to top Go down
xMomoK
Trainee
xMomoK

PostSubject: Re: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Ah I get it...You're so lucky you've been taught this stuff Mad
Back to top Go down
Utamiko
Admin
Utamiko

PostSubject: Re: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:04 pm

xMomoK wrote:
Ah I get it...You're so lucky you've been taught this stuff Mad

yes... *stares at money flying out of pocket*

XD

If only I can sing as well as I listen... :3
Back to top Go down
xMomoK
Trainee
xMomoK

PostSubject: Re: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 7:07 pm

I know that feeling ^^ but you can sing really well too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^   Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^ Empty

Back to top Go down

Itoshiki Tomo e -Short- By Momo ^o^
Page 1 of 1